Dodge Dakota/ Brake and ABS light

I posted this on dodge truck forum and got one response. It may be accurate but thought I check here:

Every morning I get in my 1998 Dodge Dakota, 3.9L, Auto tran. 2WD, start it up and drive approximately 7 miles. All the start sequence warning lights go out as they are supposed to. I then park it, where it sits for approximately one hour. I then start it for the return trip. When I start it this second time, without fail the brake and ABS lights will remain on. This has been going on for better than a year. The speedometer works fine as does the cruise control. So do the brakes.

If I start it later in the day, if it has been idle for three or four hours, the lights go off. If it has been a shorter time, they may or may not remain on.

I changed the differential speed sensor about a 18 months ago when the lights came on, stayed on and the speedometer started to fluctuate. At the time, I got an OBDII scan done at the place that does my brakes and they came up with no fault codes, however, advised that I probably would solve the problem by changing the sensor. It did for about six months, then this (described in the first paragraph above) started happening.

Any one got a clue?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher