Dodge spirit 94 Speed Chime

My car is fitted with a speed chime which activates at approx 74 mph, how can it be switched of or changed to 100mph.

Reply to
remohca

What country are you located in? The 75mph speed chime is a requirement in certain Middle Eastern countries.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

The car was purchased in the UAE and has now been imported to the UK

Reply to
remohca

Oh, *wow*. Now that must've been one hell of a SVA conversion job. If I'm not mistaken, the Dodge Spirits sold in the Middle Eastern market were mostly equipped with 3.0 litre V6s with leaded-fuel emissions systems (no O2 sensor, no catcon) and equipped with mostly US-spec safety equipment (lights, mirrors, etc.) Unless you got very lucky, I bet you had to do a great deal of retrofit/conversion work to get the car past MoT.

The speed warning chime is obviously going to be a nuisance with UK motorway speeds. Unfortunately, the "domestic" (US) service manuals are almost completely silent on production variants for other markets, even Canada, let alone all the other places the Spirit/Acclaim/Saratoga cars were sold (all of Europe, Mexico, Argentina in mostly Mexican-spec form, Israel in mostly European-spec form, much of the rest of the middle east in mostly US-spec form...).

You can disconnect the chime itself -- it is located behind the dashboard, and is relatively easy to find if you simply open the driver's door and turn on the headlamps with the ignition switched off so you can follow the chiming sound -- but this will lose you the headlamps-on warning. If you can live without that (or simply install an aftermarket lights-on warning buzzer) that's probably the easiest way to disable the annoying chime.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Thanks for information, I would still like to just remove the speed signal from the chime if that is at all possible because i haven't seen in the UK a headlamp chime as an add on. regards.

Reply to
remohca

Headlamp chime add-ons are readily available in the UK. Hella makes one, no. 3SB 004 438-801. I see them go by on Ebay from time to time, viz:

But if you don't spot one on Ebay, your local Hella stockist can furnish this item.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern