Durango horn honks for no reason

Recently every time I start my 2001 Durango RT the horn honks one time. If I open the door with the engine running and then close it again the horn honks. When I shut the engine off and exit the vehicle the horn will honk either when I close the door or anywhere from 2 to 15 seconds later. I don't have a security system except what is built into the Durango by default, nothing optional. The dealer has no clue what could be causing this. Anybody got any thoughts?

Reply to
d_carmichael2001

Read the owners manual, It may have something to do with the alarm, I think if the was an intrusion into your truck, that is how it alerts you of it, im sure but check it out

Reply to
maxpower

I checked the manual when this started. It says that the horn will honk

3 times when I open the door if the vehicle has been tampered with. Nothing is mentioned about 1 honk at startup and/or closing the door. Thanks for the reply anyway.
Reply to
d_carmichael2001

it is possible that your arm/disarm switch is corroded. arm/disarm switch is mounted behind your two door key clinders and your liftgate key cylinder. you have to disconnect the connector one by one to find out which one is faulty

Reply to
tdodge

Makes sense to me. I'll try disconnecting them and see if that is the problem. I'll post back here with the results. Thanks.

Reply to
d_carmichael2001

Reply to
mic canic

You can see a picture of one like mine at:

d_carmichael2001