European Lighting Question

I recently installed a pair of German Hella OEM headlights on my 04 Chrysler mini-van. I read Dan Stern's article on aiming European Code lights and followed the directions to the letter. But here is the question.

With the front of the mini-van 25 feet from the wall I find that the "bright spot" from the low and high beams from the left (drivers side lights) merge at the same location on the wall.

But the right lights are different. The high beam tends to land its bright spot just to the left (inside) of the bright spot from the low beam. Is this built into these lights by design is there a problem with this unit?

I like these units a lot, (although I can't figure out how to wire the motor for the three position leveling motor). With +50 bulbs in the low unit and H9 bulbs in an H7 holders in the high beams, there is no lack of lighting. When I drive next to a HID equipped vehicle the low beam performance is very close in intensity and coverage. Glare does not seem to be a problem with opposing drivers, no one has flashed me yet.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

An adjustment at 33 feet required only on low beam. If you want I can make you a drawing and send it by e-mail?

This is through the asymmetrical lower beam, by an installed sector lens with an angle of 15 degree in the left lamp ? yeas it's the left lamp. Intention of this is not to get a dazzling effect for oncoming traffic. Only on low beam makes light distribution of 120 yard plus on the right side of the road by a correct adjusted headlights.

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

Reply to
NewMan

I won them off the German ebay site from a nice person who works for a shop that takes vehicles apart to sell the parts. They look like new.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard