Flucuating Outside Temps

I have a 98 T&C Lxi that has a problem at 50 MPH+. The outside temperature reading varies widely at highway speeds. It can vary by a range of 40 degrees and changes in 4-5 degree increments every 2-3 seconds. At lower speeds, the temperature readings are stable and appear to be correct. I suspect a loose sensor connection; however this problem started after the clockspring was replaced (coincidence?). Any ideas out there and can anybody tell me where the sensor is physically located. Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Not related to the clockspring recall, the sensor is mounted in front of the radiator, if the connection was loose or shorted it would give you an OC or SC in the display. If you think it is not reading correctly, have the sensor replaced.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower