406 outside temp reading fault

This is a May 2000 406 estate, problem with the outside temperature display. It has worked ok since new until recently when the readings became very high and now overscale, ie 2 dashes.

I removed the wing mirror and sensor from the car, checked the resistance of the sensor (2 black leads) at the connector. It is about 500 ohms going up and down by about 50 ohms with cold or heat.

Please does anybody know where the leads carry on to so that I can measure the resistance there, that is checking for possible breaks in the leads.

The Haynes manual does not show anything to do with this.

Many thanks Dave

Reply to
Dave Lake