Shock therapy for Chrysler Town and Country

My 2002 Chrysler town and Country van suddenly refused to let me turn the key to start it up. I tried all the conventional tricks like moving the steering wheel a bit. Nothing!

In desperation I gave the car a hot shot from my brother in laws car. I don't really know why. There wasn't a hint of a battery problem. (Lights lit, etc.) The battery is less than a year old.

It worked!! The shock therapy allowed me to turn the ignition switch and the vehicle started immediately.

Any clues as to what the problem was? Will it likely happen again? Is there something I need to fix?

Help Please

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Arenson

Refused to turn the key???? Didi the key not turn at all? was it stuck? If the key did not want to turn (common problem) the waffers in the key cylinder are worn out and the ign lock needs to be removed and recoded with new tumblers/waffers

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower