Fuel Filter change interval

Does anyone know what the change interval should be for fuel filters?

The owner's manual does not specify, and I could not find anything on Allpar.com. Our state used to require oxygenated gasoline during winter, but no longer does. I understand the oxygenated fuel shortens filter life.

On all but one of my vehicles, the tank has to be dropped in order to change it, so it's not an easy task.

-KM

Reply to
KirkM

what model?

Reply to
rob

You don't say what vehicle, but I know on the LH cars, which - yes - the tank needs to be dropped to replace the fuel filter - the filter lasts longer than the car by design unless some horrifically bad fuel is put in.

IOW - at least for those cars and I'm sure others, there is no change interval.

Reply to
Bill Putney

the tank didnt need to be dropped on my Concord or my LHS, but both are/were

1st gen. the filter was on the frame on the right side over near the wheel, in that general area. but again it depends on his vehicle too, and we need to know what he has.........

alldata has this on my LHS:

NOTE: The fuel filter mounts to the frame rail in front of the fuel tank. The inlet and outlet ends of the filter are marked for correct installation.

WARNING: Release fuel system pressure before disconnecting quick- connect fittings at fuel filter. Refer to the fuel pressure release procedure .

REMOVAL

1.. Release fuel system pressure. 2.. Disconnect quick-connect fittings from fuel filter. 3.. Remove fuel filter mounting bracket. a.. Remove filter. INSTALLATION

1.. The inlet and outlet sides of the filter are marked. Install the filter with the inlet side to the fuel tank. 2.. Place fuel filter into bracket. Place bracket against frame rail. a.. Tighten mounting screw to 12 Nm (110 in lb) torque. 3.. Apply a light coating of clean 30 weight engine oil to the fuel filter nipples. a.. Install fuel tubes.

Reply to
rob

I should have said 2nd gen. LH on my comments.

Yep.

Reply to
Bill Putney

This is a first gen "Cloud Car." The tank strap has to be loosened, and the left front corner of the tank has to come down a few inches.

The last time I had it done, the shop charged $100 just for labor. I would just do it myself, but it's not very easy without it being on a hoist.

KM

Reply to
KirkM