Timing belt change interval

I believe it is that time again to change my timing belt. Though I do not truly recall what the interval is? Last time I change it my mileage was 205000 km now I have 293000 km how much longer do I have? I had the understanding of 100000 km between changes.

Thanks

Reply to
Rob

Model?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Rob,

according to VADIS .... every 8 years/120km

regards

bob furlonger

Reply to
Bob Furlonger

The interval actually has two dimensions: distance and _time_. I have a very low mileage '95 850T (just went over 100,000 km. last summer) and have already had the belt changed twice. The Volvo dealer told me 'most places, every five years but here in the Frozen North [I'm in Finland] every four'.

Considering the chaos that can ensue if it breaks, you don't want to take any chances.

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry