Grand Caravan Blower replacement

I have had repeated problems with my resistor block failing on my Dodge Grand Caravan 2001. Also, I had the connector coming from the blower motor melt. Now I think it might have blown a fuse. Anyhow, I've decided to try replacing the motor, thinking it might be drawing too many amps.

I'm having a heck of a time getting to the motor. There is a cover on the bottom that I just can't seem to get off. I've removed several bolts, but there seems to be something holding it in. Has anyone removed the blower on this year/model? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
mike

That requires that the HVAC assemble be removed to replace the blower motor. What you are referring to is the recirculation air door that is attached to the blowe rassembly. It can be removed without removal of the intire HVAC assembly but it is very tricky. You may want to have this replaced by someone that is more familiar with the vehicle

Glenn Beasley

Reply to
damnnickname