Headlights on when it rains

This is a state law in PA, when you turn your wipers on, you must turn your lights on. i know it's the law in a lot of states. My question, if it's a mist, a very light rain, and you have your wipers on intermittent at the setting with the longest "off" time, do you have to turn your lights on? Can you get a ticket if you don't. Does the ticket have to written while the wiper wipes or can it be written during the "off" time?

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

The law is so others can see you, moron. You need your lights on whenever visibility is lessened. The law usually says "lights on when raining."

Reply to
Lloyd

Many states specify that the criterion for headlights is when "constant use" of the wipers is required. Check your state's law for the "constant use" provision.

Reply to
John Kunkel

I have never heard of or seen someone get a ticket for this. How many cops will actually write a small fine such as this when it is raining outside. They want to stay dry and keep the doughnut dry.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Not being from a state with that kind of idiotic law, I couldn't tell you.

Reply to
Steve

So - I use one of those washer solutions that makes the water bead up so I don't have to run the wipers. Does that make me exempt? Cool!

Bill Putney