HELP-92 Caravan Problems

Really need some help, as I am stumped over these problems.

Acquired 92 Voyager AWD. I have no turn signals, tho the hazard lights do work. They use the same multi-function blinker switch.

I have no AC fan or heater blower motor. Fuses check out OK. No apparent wiring problems, tho perhaps that's just what it is. Nothing showing, however.

The good thing...it does run and drives out nicely.

Any and all help, suggestions sincerely appreciated. I'm stumped!!

Reply to
CaravanGuy

Really need some help, as I am stumped over these problems.

Acquired 92 Voyager AWD. I have no turn signals, tho the hazard lights do work. They use the same multi-function blinker switch.

I have no AC fan or heater blower motor. Fuses check out OK. No apparent wiring problems, tho perhaps that's just what it is. Nothing showing, however.

The good thing...it does run and drives out nicely.

Any and all help, suggestions sincerely appreciated. I'm stumped!!

Reply to
CaravanGuy

Faulty ignition switch, perhaps. Faulty BCM, perhaps. Faulty wiring, perhaps. Need a genuine Chrysler service manual, definitely.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Really need some help, as I am stumped over these problems.

Acquired 92 Voyager AWD. I have no turn signals, tho the hazard lights do work. They use the same multi-function blinker switch.

I have no AC fan or heater blower motor. Fuses check out OK. No apparent wiring problems, tho perhaps that's just what it is. Nothing showing, however.

The good thing...it does run and drives out nicely.

Any and all help, suggestions sincerely appreciated. I'm stumped!!

Reply to
CaravanGuy

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Two different cars. Two different set of problems, so be nice! and give me a hand. Everything looks good, like bulkhead connector, fuses, etc. Car runs and drives out nicely, just these accessories don't function. Repaired one fusible link, that did not bring me my rear window defogger (which I don't need this time of year anyway), turn signals (nice to have) and especially, the AC system. Associated relays are OK (at least to the eye). Next step is ignition switch.

Now that you asked, to take the upper and lower steering column covers off, do I use a Torx bit of some sort. There is one that's exposed and I cannot see up into the other slots to determine if they are. The holes are deep and only a slim screwdriver or device can slide up there. If anyone has any experience with this, I'd sure appreciate knowing what I use (Torx or ?).

Thanks for any and all help.

Reply to
CaravanGuy

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks for the help. Getting ready to get it done.....

Reply to
CaravanGuy

Nuh-uh.

From: Daniel J. Stern Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:17:59 -0400 Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler Subject: Re: HELP-92 Caravan Problems

Faulty ignition switch, perhaps. Faulty BCM, perhaps. Faulty wiring, perhaps. Need a genuine Chrysler service manual, definitely.

===

Usually a blown fusible link is not found in isolation.

Yes, the central lower cover screw requires a tamperproof T15 or tamperproof T20 is required (that's the kind with the hole in the middle)

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Taking ignition switch apart today to test. Yes, I do have the 92 Chrysler service manual. The only way to go!

Reply to
CaravanGuy

I'm about ready to sell this van!! I replaced turn signal switch and checked grounds everywhere. Nothing showing. Condition remains the same. Having trouble finding the special Torx bit. Placed it somewhere. When I find it, I can try replacing the ignition switch. That's the only other thing I can imagine doing to remedy these problems.

Suggestions welcomed, and maybe a 92 Caravan AWD for sale (soon).

Reply to
CaravanGuy