Hemi multi-displacement system

Hey, guys!

Do you know -- from a technical standpoint -- why the SRT8 Hemis don't have the cylinder shutoff feature? I assume that some modifications they were making for more power required them to disable it?

The displacement increase and other modifications cut fuel economy, but with lack of MDS the fuel economy takes a bigger hit. You might say if you want an SRT8 then you don't care about fuel economy, but I'd still think they would have left MDS active if they could have reasonably done so.

Thanks

Reply to
Marc

philthy

Seem to recall reading that it wouldn't work properly with the SRT8 more agressive camshaft.

WVK

philthy wrote:

Reply to
WVK