Idle problem, 96 Neon.

I recently purchased a 96 Neon for my daughter to drive. It had a few minor problems but the price was right. The car ran and idled fine before. I degreased the engine and hosed it off and now the car won't idle properly. It starts off at a normal idle and then speeds way up to about 2000 rpm, sometimes slows down and sometimes continues at a very fast idle. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Rob S.

Reply to
robs