Is a torque converter available to replace fluid coupling on 1950 Gyromatic

to have a substantial restoration and this will be a good time to incorporate any major mechanical changes. If it is feasible I would like to upgrade the transmission from a fluid coupling to a torque converter. Is this possible and which Chrysler cars would have had the torque converter. This would help in finding a converter from a parts source. Thanks
Reply to
Gene Walker
Look up on allpar and search for fluid drive, or M6. Some Chrysler Imperials had Fluid Torque Drive, with a shift quadrant, but still had the clutch. I think this was around 51/52.
Reply to

MotorsForum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.