K&N filter for 2003 GrandCaravan 3.3

Has anybody put in a K&N filter. Any improvements on mileage, besides the benefit of not replacing ever the filter. Any warranty issues with this , is it accepted by Dodge, or should I swap it with the original when I go for service. Also when I opened the air box to put in , I could not see in the bottom where the air is sucked from the outside , I assume there is an opening for pullin in air. Thanks for your support

Reply to
cosza

K&N make claims for their air filters that may not show as an improvement to the performance of your vehicle.. and while they do not have to be replaced as such, they do have to be oiled.. K&N supply the oil at a price, and will not guarantee that their filters will work with any other brand.. they also sell a cleaner for their filters, and will not guarantee that their filters will work with any other brand.. the gizmo often seen at point of sale only proves that if you blow air up a tube that has a ping pong ball in it, the ball will be pushed up the tube.. the gizmo was designed by the 'Dept of the obvious', which has no connection with the 'Texas Dept of the Obvious' referred to by John Henson in his tv program..

Reply to
Mike Hall

From those I've spoken with who have done this, the answer would be an emphatic *yes*. I have a whole K&N intake on a 3.5 Intrepid, and _everything_ has improved, especially when teamed with the MagnaFlow exhaust system.

Up to 2001, no problems at all. Unless things have changed drastically, it still should not be a problem. There is nothing that contravenes any warranty by *not* using OEM replacement parts.

BTW, that issue actually might be found in your user's/owner's manual

-- but you'll have to search for it......! (They don't make it easy...)

0v0
Reply to
0v0

Increased induction roar is not indicative of better performance.. even if used with a free flowing and louder exhaust system.. performance gains will be still be marginal at best..

Reply to
Mike Hall

As in "Yes, I just blew a whackload of money on this K&N stuff; of

*COURSE* the car runs better! 'Course, I haven't really tested it or anything, and I don't keep track of gas mileage, but it's better! What, you *doubt* me? You're just JEALOUS! SHUT UP! IT'S BETTER! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! I'M PUTTING MY FINGERS IN MY EARS SO I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!"

The answer is NO, a K&N air filter will NOT improve the vehicle's performance, and no, it does NOT meet OEM filtration specifications, so if you use it and have a warranty issue, DaimlerChrysler can and probably will turn you down.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

More like laugh you out of the service department.

The K&N flows more air because it allows more small particles through due to larger openings in the filter media.

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Warning! Usenet expert alert! What follows is complete and utter bullshit.

Reply to
Rick Blaine

Ah, that must be why K&N crows and shouts and sings and dances about airflow, but when asked specific questions about dirt-stopping, which is what a filter is for, they get all cagey and start hiding behind doubletalk.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I would not put this on a car that is under warranty. If you do have problems Chrysler will blame the K&N filter.

If you could really gain gas mileage and not hurt anything else why wouldn't Chrysler use them from the factory? All auto manufacturers are trying to get the best mileage they can to meet CAFE standards.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.