l995 Neon

I am presently trying to get some money back from Chrysler for a blown head gasket on a 95 Neon with 80000 km on it. There apparently is a "Secret Warranty" that cover head gaskets on older Neons up to 100000 miles. Can anybody help with some info. Have written Chrysler twice and they continue to say that it was over warranty. Have checked the Allpar site and Lemonade site and believe that I should be entitled to some reimbursement. If you can assist please email me at snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca Thanks

Reply to
Jerry

Sorry to break it to you, but unless you want to sue them, they probably won't give you a dime. There is a "Secret" warrenty, but it is just that "Secret", meaning it's not an official recall, so it's totally up to them, and they usally don't budge unless your willing to go the preliminary steps to court. I went through this for my wifes' friends Neon with 75000mi, and after spending hours on the phone and in the dealer, I just did it myself in

10hours and $200 worth of parts...

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
73blazer
Reply to
Jerry

$1800 for a head gasket!!! Holy cow, estimates on mine were around $800-$1000. I think the dealer wanted $1100... The gasket itself is only $100 (from chysler), and the misc. other gaskets and parts u need amount to $100-$150 more. I think I even replaced the timing belt for another $50, since it had to come off anyhow. The money is in the labor, it took me about 10hrs, I think a pro-mechanic whos done it before should be able to do it in less, even at $75/hr labor that bill should have only come to less than $1000. I had found a perfectly detailed procedure on the web somewhere that listed every step in perfect order, right down to the size of every bolt. That reduced my time alot. $1800 is a total rip, on the dealers part, I'd be asking for money back from them. Go get some other estiamtes at different shops, you should find no more than $1000 to do the job..take those back to the dealer and ask why $1800. Did they replace the head or something? That I could see $1800 for..but just the gasket...no way

Ken

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
73blazer

[...]