Letter from a Dodge dealer

Do you have a source for quantified information on what political leanings the *total* *population* of Chrysler dealership owners is? I'm certainly no Obama fan, but if you do not have such information then you don't know what you're talking about. If you *do* have such information, then let's have it. Otherwise you're just foaming at the mouth.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Who said anything about Republican or Democrat owned? I said the ones closed were mostly NOT Obama supporters. Total contributions to Obamas campaign from closed dealers was $200. You instantly assume that means they were republican. Hillary and McCain were the benefactors of contributions from the closed dealers NOT Obama.

Reply to
miles

They weren't at all. Some Democrat, some Republican. But the ones closed were almost entirely NOT Obama supporters.

Reply to
miles

Political contributions are public so no need to know what the political leanings of *total* *population* of Chrysler dealership owners is. Do a google search for "closed chrysler dealerships obama contributions" and you will find scores of websites on the subject. Trouble is most websites are biased in their own right so anyones open to decide what they believe. I know the owners of 3 dealerships here in Phoenix. Two contributed to McCain and one to Hillary. None to Obama. One thats closing has been the busiest Chrysler dealership in the Phoenix Metro area so low sales had nothing to do with it. Believe what you want.

Reply to
miles

Cite? Or pulling this out of your ass?

Reply to
News

miles wrote in news:9v7Yl.4407$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe05.iad:

More word games and twisting numbers to fit what they want. Not that I'm a supporter of Obama, McCain, Republican or Democrat, there are viewpoints and stats that can be twisted to fit any argument. For a team of men & woment dealing with nuclear threats, record deficits, wars and the economy; I think it's a bit of a stretch to think they are ticking off dealers on a list. Let's see: We'll deal with Iran's nuclear possibilities later. Right now let's close down Main Street Chrysler in Central City, Nebraska because they didn't donate enough to our campaign. Yeah, I can see that now.

Reply to
CopperTop

Many politicians certainly do offer paybacks to their supporters once in office. Nothing new but this WH has done so in a bigger way than most. Look who has received huge payouts from the porkulus bill. No bias huh? So you don't believe the WH has a desire to control private industry their own way? Sorry, but part of the deal with GM and Chrysler is to dictate what cars they produce rather than let the consumer decide what they want to buy. After the car industry the WH wants to control our health care. So much that they want a Government committee to decide what treatment you will or won't receive rather than you and your own doctor to decide whats best for you. Sorry but this current Government certainly does want to dig their way into destroying capitalism and control industry and our lives one small unnoticiable 'feel good' step at a time. Small enough steps you and others won't notice and instead welcome.

Reply to
miles

Chrysler prices have gone up recently; now that New Chrysler is on the way.

Reply to
Some O