Looking for Chrysler TSB #19-34-98

Can someone that has access to Chrysler technical service bulletins please post #19-34-98? I believe it is dated 11/27/1998. I found this while searching Yahoo Groups. It may contain the solution to a long running problem. Thanks.

Reply to
powrwrap

group 19 is not a drivability or engine group, it is a steering group. Not sure where you got this number from but it is not thru Chrysler

Reply to
maxpower

Hi Maxpower!

Got it here:

Any idea where I could find a TSB relating to knock sensors and

1997-1998 Chrysler 3.3 and 3.8 engines? This is the warmest lead I've had on this problem and I'd like to follow up on it.
Reply to
powrwrap

Might be worth $25 for a year of

subscription. You could then see *all* TSB's that apply to your vehicle.

Bill Putney

- $25 all TSB's and schematics, and spotty FSM info. amd procedures.

Bill Putney

18-34-98 is a TSB that requires disconnecting and taping the wire of the knock sensor for a symptom you are describing BUT this only occurs if the Module is resetting itself back to zero and all the learn values resets. A scan tool is required to determine if this is what is happening.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Hi Powr,

I may have access to TSBs (not indexed by #), and am generally more than willing to try and help people with problems, but you didn't provide much to go on. You didn't provide the make, model, exact engine displacement, exact year, or even a description you are having, so I'm not sure what we can do for you. You did mention 1997-1998 3.3, 3.8 engines. Your link references a Grand Voyager, which was Plymouth, but there are differences between 1997 and 1998 model years.

Greg

Reply to
Greg Houston

As I said that TSB does not pertain to your problem, it is a one time occurrence that will cause a one time stumble and possible one flash of the check engine lite. once it happens (reset pcm) it will not occur again until possibly the next restart

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

1997 Dodge Grand Caravan ES, 3.8 liter engine. Almost everyday on my wife's way to work, at about the same spot in her drive, the car will violently jerk, the Service Engine Light will flash on momentarily, and then the vehicle will resume normal operation. (See the Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensors thread in this group for the full details.) To summarize, the car would die out at idle and/or jerk and buck at highway speeds. I replaced the camshaft and crankshaft sensors and eventually a dealer replaced the PCM. Car ran OK for a couple of weeks and has been doing the one-time jerk and lighting of the Service Engine Light on an almost daily basis.
Reply to
powrwrap

if it does it one time only disconnect the knock sensor to see if it stops

Glen

Reply to
damnnickname