another drive day on July 30?

I saw this suggestion on the Vortex and thought it was a great idea. How about another international drive day on July 30 to commemorate the last day of production for the Beetle? I know we just had the IDYVWTWD back on June 20th and many of us drive our VWs every day already but I just thought it'd be a great tribute to have as many as possible on the roads that day.

Reply to
Scott H.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:28:38 -0400, "Scott H." , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

I drove mine to work today. Clear the roads! The steering is as loose as... Well, it's just really loose. Let's leave it at that. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

I drove mine to work today, too. I'm pretty certain I'll be driving it to work on July 30 too, unless I get my Squareback back on the road by then. I don't understand how any day is not drive your vw to work day for an air-cooled vw owner - are some of you guys independently wealthy or do you just work at home? I drive to work 5 days a week.

Reply to
mez

I love it when this topic comes up.

I would drive mine everyday if it was in a condition that I trusted to go 80 miles round trip everyday. I am working to that goal, with the exceptions of the very hot and humid days of summer here in Bama. I need my AC!!

I really love to hear from you out there who drive everyday in your Aircooled VW. Just makes me want mine done, but I have to wait on funds as permitted by my budget. I still drive it around the house for short trips.

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

--------------------

Reply to
TerryB

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:40:23 -0500, "TerryB" ran around screaming and yelling:

Terry.....do you need any 68 chasis parts? i have a 68 rolling pan(no papers) that i need to get rid of...i will give it to any ramva member that wants it...(i remember your car is on a 68 pan, i think?) i'm tossing alot of stuff... Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

And just remember what joey said about free! Something about rule of thumb... and the shredder not taking it...

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
>permitted by my budget. I still drive it around the house for shorttrips.
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:01:08 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" ran around screaming and yelling:

mine is not a rusted out hulk, like yours...it is a nearly complete rolling chasis...minus pedal cluster, mastercylinder, and shocks...has a couple great tires on it, full rear suspension, front suspension, and tranny...(swing of course)...great for someone that may need the tranny...from what i understand it was only used a couple years...just an offering, and it wasn't to you...but thanks for still continuing to take Johns place as the leg humper... Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Ah whatever. I cant' argue with an idiot anymore. You win. Fly on by leg humper!

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:16:40 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL...key words there:"i cant' argue"...says it all...i hope you all the best...may god bless you..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Joey, where are you located? I could use some spare parts.

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

--------------------

Reply to
TerryB

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:54:22 -0500, "TerryB" ran around screaming and yelling:

i am in Virginia... Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I appreciate the offer Joey, but will have to pass as that would be a long drive from Bama for me. I would really like to run up on a IRS pan to put under my bug. Swing axle is ok, but would prefer an IRS. One of these days.

Thanks again.

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

--------------------

Reply to
TerryB

~ I saw this suggestion on the Vortex and thought it was a great idea. ~ How about another international drive day on July 30 to commemorate the last ~ day of production for the Beetle? I know we just had the IDYVWTWD back on ~ June 20th and many of us drive our VWs every day already but I just thought ~ it'd be a great tribute to have as many as possible on the roads that day.

I think this is a fab idea. The other day is a general VW day isn't it? We could make 30th July a Drive Your Aircooled To Work Day.

I will not be driving mine that day this year, we still live separately at the moment. But I shall be wearing black.

Reply to
Clare

"Clare" wrote

Apparently you and I are the only ones here who feel this way, Clare. I pretty much always drive my Beetle every day. I shall fweem for you on the 30th, if you'd like. :o)

Reply to
Scott H.

~ "Clare" wrote ~ ~ > Scott H. wrote: ~ > ~ I saw this suggestion on the Vortex and thought it was a great idea. ~ > ~ How about another international drive day on July 30 to commemorate the ~ last ~ > ~ day of production for the Beetle? I know we just had the IDYVWTWD back ~ on ~ > ~ June 20th and many of us drive our VWs every day already but I just ~ thought ~ > ~ it'd be a great tribute to have as many as possible on the roads that ~ day. ~ ~ ~ > I think this is a fab idea. The other day is a general VW day isn't it? ~ > We could make 30th July a Drive Your Aircooled To Work Day. ~ > I will not be driving mine that day this year, we still live separately at ~ > the moment. But I shall be wearing black. ~ ~ Apparently you and I are the only ones here who feel this way, Clare.

Yeah, what happened to all the ENTHUSIASM around here???

~ I pretty much always drive my Beetle every day. ~ I shall fweem for you on the 30th, if you'd like. :o)

Yes please :o)

Reply to
Clare

SCROLL DOWN this post all of you who would like to get right to the point without reading through my rant.

That's what happens when people fill the group with flames and other pointless arguments and bullshit. Once the ego wars are over again, the enthusiasm and sensible discussion will return. "Why have all the knowledgeable people migrated over to the STF forums? " Well GEEEEE, think about it.

Until the BULLSHIT ends, many regulars choose to shut up, and even stay away, hoping the people involved in the "I'm right and you're stupid" soap opera realize they are alone in here. After that it will STILL take a few months for them to realize THERE IS NO WINNER in this game. The best everyone could do is to just BE THE BIGGER MAN and stop crying. Save the little face you have left.

And this is meant as a general observation and "hint". Not targeted at anyone personally, but all of us collectively. Including the quiet ones.

Rules are there so the group could function and serve it's purpose. (I'll give you a day or two to think what it could be).

I'm Sick and tired of all this crap in here, if it doesn't stop soon I will start to moderate this group and delete all offending messages... we don't want to go there, freedom of speech and all that.. but it's been done before. And with group majority's blessing. So don't flame me for violating your rights. I don't live in america even, so the allmighty freedom of speech protest has no effect, personal ol legal, on me. If you want to complain, go talk to your mother.)

*********YOU WILL FIND THE IMPORTANT STUFF BELOW THIS LINE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SKIP THE BS*******

So.. for the benefit of the whole group, *everyone* included, I would like to receive a group blessing for starting temporary moderation in this group. It will be me and a few chosen individuals that will get to delete other people's posts, in case they are found "improper" or inflammatory. We can vote here, or we could come up with an alternative way to make the decision.

Normal aircooled VW related, or even the "normal" off-topic messages will not be touched. I am not interested in setting up any automatic moderation bots, they would delete useful messages too on occasion. And no, I am not planning to block any individuals out of the group. Just the offending messages, for a yet undetermined period of time.

THIS HAS TO END. Don't piss me off any more than this, please.

Oh yea, since ANT has not been around to take care of bizniz, I will hereby de-throne him and once again claim the group King throne. Anyone against it? Anyone feel it should be someone else? Vote? ;)

Comments?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I have a bug. Ghia too.

Randy

RSMEINER

I'm in my own kill file!

Reply to
J Stafford

Thanks Jan. Go for it. Been wondering what was taking you so long:) I know you have been reading the threads in question and I could see the steam all the way across the Atlantic, knew it was just a matter of time before something would happen. I trust you to act accordingly and I know you and those who will be co-moderating will be fair and reasonable. There are few actual posts and posters (is that even a proper term) that need "editing," sometimes people either forget their ages or do not realize just how distruptive and immature they can be. Most either rein themselves in or get reined in rather quickly just by some reasonable words from other, the ones that don't, edit away. ....and you get to be King AND Queen if ya like:) ...hell....the newbies always think you are a chick anyway....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

..................I vote yes. Do it.

...................Yes, you are the best choice for lots of reasons not the least being that no one else can be trusted with that much power. I remember wondering why 'someone' didn't kill that cross-dressing thread right from the beginning (I know.....I posted to it a few times myself......lack of self control?.......sigh).

..................I will say that I'm a little tired of hearing about how great STF is compared to this ng. I've lurked enough over there to know that it isn't really true. If it was, why would there even be a need for RAMVA? Why are some individuals coming back here on a regular basis to even talk about how wonderful it is at STF? I know that there are a few respected people over there who used to be regulars here but they're not the ones who keep coming back here to criticize this group. So long as we've still got Speedy Jim and a few others like yourself and Shaggie, I think that this will continue to be the one place to be for EVERYONE. Just my opinion.

Reply to
Tim Rogers