Lug Nut Torque Chrysler 300 T

I am trying to obtain the lug nut torque for a 300T with aluminum rims. Dealer was of no help. Wrote to Chrysler and still waiting for a reply.

Reply to
Kino Velez
100 ft pounds,135 nm Dont use oil or grease on the studs or wheel mounting nuts. The same torgue on steel wheels
Reply to
damnnickname

Not what the FSM says.

Reply to
Rick Blaine

To answer your question, the correct torque for the 300T wheels is 160 N·m (118 ft-lbs) for both steel or aluminum.

Ignore all the above incorrect advice to grease the threads. Yes - in industry and automotive, unless otherwise stated, bolt torques are assumed to be with the threads lightly lubricated. However - one exception to this is wheel lug nuts. If you apply the specified unlubed torque to a lubed fastener, you are over-torqueing it (tensioning/clamping force is greatly increased and may do damage).

Every FSM I've ever owned (including my '99 LH vehicle FSM) has said

*not* to apply lubricant to the lug nuts.

If you want to put anti-seize on, that would probably be Ok (though the manufacturers would probably say not to), because, in general, surfaces with anti-seize on it have pretty close to the same friction properties as the same surfaces dry (varies by manufacturer and type of anti-seize, but generally speaking it is close to dry parts compared to lubed parts).

Bill Putney

Just curious Bill where did you get those specs? Im showing 110 ft punds in one shop manual, 100 ft pds in another manual.

NOTE: Always use the original (OEM) style wheel mounting (lug) nuts. Do not use replacement parts of lesser quality or substitute design.

Loosely install all five wheel mounting (lug) nuts (3).

Lightly snug all wheel mounting nuts, then progressively tighten them in proper sequence shown. Tighten nuts to 150 N·m (110 ft. lbs.).

Reply to
damnnickname

See

Check out the next to last post in that thread - posted by "YB Normyl". I actually found that site and that thread with a Google search, but I happen to be familiar with that poster. He works in the LX plant in Canada, and also is a known entity on the
forums. Therefore I believe the information is credible, and so posted it.

Bill Putney

Reply to
cosza

100 ft pounds