Lug nut stuck(seized)?

Hi, Time to switch in winer tiress rims, first time I ran into a lug nut which won't budge no matter how hard I try. Last time when I put on summer tire rims, I did not over torqued or anything. What gives? Any thrcik to make it loose? Car is 2000 Impreza RS on after market Momo rims with spline lug nuts. I am afraid I'll break the head off if I try any harder. TIA, Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Same thing happened to me this summer. I googled the problem and found a couple of tricks. What finally worked was lightly tightening all the lugs (by hand) and lowering the car, then shaking the car by the roof rack. I heard a click and the tire came right off when I jacked the car back up. I'd suggest googling it or someone else will come along and give you some tips.

Reply to
Thomas Hanno

If all else fails you might have to drill and split the nut and replace it and the stud. (Be a sod of a job though)

Reply to
Bugalugs

Bring it to any tire shop and ask them to use their impact wrench on the stubborn lugnut. Even the most stubborn will come off within seconds.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Bailin

PB Blaster is great stuff, along with an impact wrench.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

I wouldn't try the shotgun method..

Matt.

Reply to
Matt Richards

You'll need a breaker bar longer than 18". Tighten slightly, then loosen.

Reply to
David