Maint for 120K 98' Neon?

Is there anything that needs to be done at about 120K miles on a '98 Neon Expresso. With the cold weather it's done the severeve misfirring / car shaking at startup. I remember discussion of this and a recall / computer flash. Does anyone know if this is still valid? Also any suggestions as to picking plugs & wires?

I've made it this far with the original headgasket, here's to another 120K,

Thanks.

Reply to
<Kevin

maxpower

If I am not mistaken, the head gasket issue was resolved sometime around 97 or 98, so I doubt that would be any problem to you. Miss firing would more then likely be spark plug wires and or plugs. From everything I have read, (and noticed with my two neons) is that Champion or NGK plugs work best, and for about $5CND worth changing twise a year depending the miles you put on the car. They are also very easy to change. If new plugs does not solve the issue, look at spark plug wires. I know the OEM ones are a bit pricy and there are aftermarket ones that are cheaper/better. You may also want to consider looking at the battery terminals if it is starting to take more turning the engine over to start it. I have noticed that with the battery clamps in my 2001, that when it is below 0'C out, my Capasitor low voltage alarm sounds when starting, indicating that power is being drawn from the Cap.

-- Thank you,

Michael Lawrence CNET/CNO snipped-for-privacy@thehad.net

Michael

Oh, ya, almost forgot, If the 120k is miles, I would consider doing the timing belt really soon. From what I have been told, most manuals say to do the belt at around

Reply to
Michael