MAP Sensor

As I posted previously, the headgasket in my '96 Voyager (2.4L) recently blew. When it did, the Check Engine Light came on. The fault codes are 13 & 14, indicated a MAP Sensor or related problem.

My question is, when the head gasket failed, did it ruin the MAP Sensor (requiring replacement) or will the problem likely clear up once the head gasket problem is addressed?

Thanks!

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

Have you checked to make sure the map sensor connector is connected/not broken when the head was removed? that code is for both vacuum and electrical related. Normally meaning a broken or disconnected sensor.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for the reply. The head gasket hasn't yet been repaired. I was just trying to figure if I should budget in buying a new MAP sensor while I was at it.

The check engine light came on at the moment the head gasket blew and the codes it returns are the ones indicated above. So, I figured the MAP sensor had been effected. Is it possible that it's just due to a vaccum change owing to the blown gasket?

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

Anything is possible but I would highly doubt that!!

Reply to
maxpower

Not sure why but, with the headgasket fixed, the check engine light went off and stayed off.

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM