85 Lebaron conv top too tight

Is there a way to adjust the top so I can get the friggin' thing closed without pulling my whole body weight down on the clamps while holding the 'up' button at the same time? I had a new top put on about 5 years ago and I'm finally tired of this, I keep the top down almost all the time as I basically never put the top up. But once in a while when it's cold I wish it wasn't such a chore closing it. Thanks

Reply to
frenchy