My wrangler 2001 won't start

It has been sitting for a couple years. have been doing a lot of work on it, got the cylinders lubed real good, eventually started. liftershad collapsedbut that worked out and it ran smooth and strong for a good half an hour. the check guage light came on and then it shut off. turns over and cranks, sounds like it wants to, but wont start. the motor was extremely hot, though the temp guage only said 220. there was so much heat the grill was hot. does it have a safety where one of the temp switches will signal the computer to keep it from starting when it is too hot?

Reply to
JulieR2007

I know my concorde will shut off when its too hot, best way to tell if its doing this is if it starts when it cools down.

Maybe you got a clog in your oil pump and it wasnt pumping enough oil.

Reply to
AFX