Need A/C Hose for 1990 Grand Caravan - any sources other than dealer?

I'm hoping someone can help me. I need a replacement suction-side Freon hose for my 1990 Dodge Grand Caravan. This van has the 3.3L Engine, Variable Displacement Compressor and does not have rear A/C. My problem is I haven't been able to find this hose anywhere other than the dealer, who wants $240 for it. All the hoses I've found have been for the 3.0 Liter engine (which I believe has the fixed displacement compressor) or for 1989 or 1991. Does anyone have a source to reccomend? I don't want a used one as my logic is any used one is just as old and not likely to be much better than my broken one. I really don't want to pay $240 at the dealer for it - is there anywhere else?

Thanks! Eric Kotz snipped-for-privacy@erickotz.com

Reply to
newsgroups

Many A/C shops can make the hose for you. Just pull yours off and have it "re-hosed". Basically they take your ends and put new rubber hose on. Last time I did this I paid around $50 per hose. Also industrial hose shops can do the same thing.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Unfortunately, the metal portion of it has actually corroded away and is what needs to be replaced, the rubber itself is fine.

Reply to
newsgroups

Have you tried eBay? You should find one MUCH cheaper there.

Reply to
CaravanGuy

Then search a wrecking yard for another and have it 'rehosed'.

There are many a/c shops that sell aftermarket hoses as well.

Reply to
bottomfeeder

Can you suggest any A/C shops that have this hose, or at least a wide selection of hard-to-find hoses? As I mentioned earlier, all the shops I've checked do not have the hose I need. The same with eBay - every hose except the one I need.

Eric Kotz snipped-for-privacy@erickotz.com

Reply to
newsgroups

, searchable used auto parts clear across North America. Plenty of them come up in a search.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Google:

Chandler Air Conditioning Service