pacifica

I rented a pacifica the other day. Very nice car. Can you fit a 4x8 sheet in the back if all the seats are removed or folded down?

Reply to
trs80

Approximately 76" from back of driver seat to inside of lift gate, just measured it yesterday. BF

Reply to
BF

is that the maximum distance.....like from the bottom of the seat to the rear?

Reply to
trs80

Yep!

Reply to
BF

Yes it is nice, but if you get one make sure you carry a ground sheet to access the inadequate spare and of course to pump it up.

Reply to
who

if it cant fit a 4x8 inthe back then it is a useless vehicle for me. I need to occasionaly bring home wood and plywoods for my hobby.

Reply to
trs80

For that occasional use what's wrong with the old effective solutions; a roof rack or a small trailer. I often have 4x8 plywood cut down a bit so I can carry it in my open car trunk. My supplier will do about three cuts for free, so I don't even need a table saw. Having a very large vehicle to occasionally bring home materials is very wasteful IMO.

Reply to
Spam away

"Spam away" wrote

I agree. When my elderly Grand Voyager wears out I plan to buy a small 4 X 8 utility trailer. Empty they weigh 500 lb. so you can haul a useful load behind a Caliber, Compass or other sensible size vehicle quite safely.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Not to get off the subject, but I have a 2006 Pacifica and I was wondering if there is a way to disable the the seatbelt alert that dings until you buckle up.

Reply to
Peachy

thats funny. putting plywood on a roofrack....wadda dweeboid!

Reply to
trs80

Reply to
trs80

in my opinion....its very wasteful to buy such a large vehicle only to disable the seatbelt dinger.

Reply to
trs80

Hi...

And to make it even easier and more economical, if you're fortunate enough to live amongst good neighbors, you can all even share one :)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

What's my opinion? That trailers weigh 500 lb? I got that off the sticker on the trailer. That a Caliber or Compass can safely pull one? That's what Chrysler says. No "opinions" needed here.

Or do you think that my "opinion" as to what I intend to do after my Grand Voyager dies is worthless? If I can't have an "opinion" about my own future purchases, who can?

Some people have no life.

Reply to
Dave Gower

On whose planet is a Pacifica a "very large vehicle????" Its not a Suburban, you know. For that matter, its not quite as heavy as a decked-out a Town&Country minivan!

Reply to
Steve

lol that's not the reason i bought it. it's not that large of a vehicle either. It's perfect for my family!

Reply to
Peachy

Interesting question. Is the Pacifica a truck? I assumed it was sold as a car. The Pacifica is about the same weight as a T&C MV. Heavy for a car, but not that heavy compared to a Magnum.

The Pacifica and Magnum are about the same length as the LH cars, ~200". They were about 3,400 lb., about 1,000 lbs lighter.

We all know the Suburban is a BIG personal truck; it's weight shows it.

Weights in lb. at Yahoo.com: Cars... Caliber'07 SXT manual: 3039 Sebring'06 207L V6: 3,222 Magnum'06 3.5L V6 AWD: 4,159 Pacifica'06 FWD 350V6: 4,383, AWD 4,560.

Trucks... T&C Minivan'06 LWB 3.8L V6: 4,340 Suburban 1500 2WD: 5,269, 2500 BIG 6L V8 AWD: 6,074

Reply to
Spam away