Please explain!

Hello. I'm sure most of you have forgotten more about cars than I know...

I have a 1996 Voyager that broke-down and the following code was found:

2 codes p0300 multiple missfire p0171 fuel system too lean may need to have pcm reflashed or replaced.

Any interpretation would be appreciated.

Thank you,

dw

Reply to
David Watts

DW,

More information would allow readers to be of more help.

What are the drivability trouble symptoms other than the 2 codes you provided? What engine? How many miles? How well has it been maintained? Any recent engine work done if the symptoms occurred suddenly?

Specifically, when was it last tuned up? Were the spark plugs replaced and gapped properly? When were the ignition wires replaced last? When were the fuel and air filters last replaced?

I'd look for the cause of the misfire (one or more spark plugs either not firing or firing at the wrong time). Many times one root problem will then set false error codes.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman