problems with 2.5

I have an '89 Aries, 2.5 engine, just replaced the head gasket after oil was mixing with the water and it was losing power. Even though it has a new head gasket, the problems are as before: oil in the water, having to add a quart of oil a day (hardly any leakages), car sputters and jerks while going uphill, a bit of hesitation while cruising. Is there any other area on the engine where oil and water could mix, or could there be a leak in the engine block? Or a bad freeze plug?

(With the head off, I noticed oil deposits on the valves of #1 cylinder.)

Reply to
Haywood Jablomy

Make sure it isn't condensation to start with, If the cylinder head was warped/cracked it could also cause this problem , BUT normally there would be other symptoms such as overheating or temp fluctuation on the gauge. If you have an automatic transmission and the cooler inside the radiator were to leak you would also see oil in the coolant. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

cracked head?

Haywood Jablomy wrote: