pt cruiser

I have an 02' PT cruiser New problem/ after driving about 200 miles, any road irregularity or bump will cause the front end to shimmy dramatically. this is at speeds of 60-70 mph. If i let off the accelerator it stops immediately. If i accelerate it gets worse unless I accelerate quickly, then it finally goes away. Then as I am coming to a complete stop from about 5 mph the steering wheel shakes violently.

I have replaced calibers and rotors and the tires have been checked for separation. Again this only happens after highway driving of about 3 hours. If the car cools down for 5-10 minutes the problem can not be duplicated.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Reply to
alforcella

Have you rotated tires back to front to see if the vibration moves? Tires can cause problems without belt separation.

Reply to
Art