99 Stratus 2.5V6 Tune Up...Is it a Pain?

Car is getting close to 90K miles and was wondering how bad it really is to change out plugs and wires on this car.

Looks like the upper intake has to come off, and all the other gadgets attached, but other than that looks pretty straightforward.

Anything else I need to look for? Plug Recommendations? Looks like Champions are in there now. Keep the same ones, or is there something else you would recommend.

Timing belt, water pump and that whole ordeal will be changed shortly....just didn't want to pay even more to do the routine stuff I can do myself.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Moparmaniac

I found it painful trying to do this in 90 degree heat and being a tad tall. Bending over to undo all these bolts was literally a pain in my back.

I ended up having a shop do it. Probably looking at $700 for new plugs, wires, valve cover gaskets, timing belt, water pump, and timing belt tensioner pullies. Most of it labor as it's about 5 hours to do the timing belt/water pump.

Reply to
Mike H

Reply to
philthy

i've pulled my 98 stratus apart, to get at the distributor easier, a few times and i could do it it my sleep. i wouldn't take it in, i would get a chilton book and take it apart yourself. if you're not in a hurry and can write down or mark the hoses you disconnect and wires , its not that bad.

Reply to
Randy Pape