Re: Chrysler's Pacifica

Nothing teaches knowledge better then experience.... Take a test drive,pick up the brochures, Chrysler is pushing test drives on this model right now. Don't delay and experience it yourself. This vehicle also comes with a standard rental car policy that pays for the expense of a rental car even for a routine oil change, on top of mechanical reasons. Nice touch for our busy society that has to keep moving and cant find the time for maintenance

Reply to
Galen

The stripped was are finally shipping but they seem to be staying on the lots too.

Reply to
Art Begun

How do you know? The way you're writing, it's as if you're keeping careful track of what IS and what IS NOT selling at your local dealer, and have intimate familiarity with their stock. I'd like to know if this is the case. Do you work for them? Are you related to somebody who does? Do you do business with them as a supplier of some sort of service? Or are you just driving by once in awhile and seeing "a blue one" sitting in the same spot?

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Gariepy

Check your dealers web site. They list the inventory. At the 2 dealers I've checked, every Pacifica I've eyeballed has stayed on the list and the list keeps growing. Hopefully some have sold but not the ones I've kept track of.

Reply to
Art Begun

My experience with dealer web sites is that the data is updated on a very infrequent, casual basis. In fact, it appears that they use the same tactic that they use in placing newspaper advertising: draw the customer in and then claim the vehicle has already been sold. I wouldn't consider it useful information, unless you're just looking for approximate pricing.

I wouldn't stake my reputation on any claim made using a dealer's data.

$.02 worth.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Gariepy

I dunno about the inner workings of DCX on this one. In the case of brand F, the company I worked for made a lot of money selling Unix-based database systems with vehicle inventory tracking software to the dealerships, and they had to be meticulous about tracking them if they wanted it to be accurate. Many weren't.

It's possible that DCX knows where their vehicles are throughout the dealership system; it's equally likely they don't. They certainly know where they are while they're being floorplanned, I imagine; but not every dealership does this sort of financing.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Gariepy

It also gives you the date and time it was updated, and that is usually everyday. I have checked the site, too, and it does change from day-to-day.

Reply to
RPhillips47

station wagon>>

Aren't ALL S.U.V.'s?

Reply to
mark french

No only those built on car chassis. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
MajorDomo

No only those built on car chassis. ;)

mike hunt

mark french wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

the Pacifica's are a sturdy vehicle, the frame and under carriage are solid you could probably drive the thing through a wall. I build them over here in Windsor, not crazy about the look but they are solid.

Reply to
Honda Rider

No, there's a whole new glut of them that are just "squished" minivans: Pacifica, Murano, etc. I'd rather have an SUV or a REAL (rear drive) station wagon. I'm not sure why "station wagon" is a dirty word these days, I've always preferred them to bulbous under-powered minivans.

Reply to
Steve

It sure seemed solid during the test drive. Felt like a Cadillac as I remembered my rich friend's parents drove in the 60's.

Reply to
Art Begun

I admit the Pacifica looks more like a station wagon than other SUVs, wider, lower profile. Actually it is a nice change from all the lookalike models that follow the standard SUV shape/height/profile.

Reply to
mark french