Re: Engine cutting out on 96 T&C

Recently, the engine on our 96 T&C with 79K miles starting cutting out for

> an instant. It's almost as if the fuel supply or ignition is momentarily > shut off. If this happens while driving, it's not too much of a problem as > the transmission keeps the RPMs up enough to re-start the engine. It simply > feels like a hick-up. However, if it happens while idling, the engine > stalls, but can be re-started immediately. I can find no pattern as to when > this occurs - it seems to be totally random. > > Any ideas? Engine control computer? Fuel pump? It certainly seems like > something electrical is the root cause of this. btw, our "service engine" > light turned on a little while ago, but the dealer stated it was for the EGR > valve when I had it checked out. I did not replace this yet. Could that > somehow be resonsible? > > thanks for any help, > Frank

You might have a dirty throttle body and AIS motor/pintle. This happened every now and then after we purchaced our 96 T&C used at 80 some thousand. The dealer cleaned it and said they replaced the AIS motor. Same thing happened a few months later and they replaced the motor again under warranty.

Darin

Reply to
Darin