Re: 60K mile checkup 97 Caravan

Ghost wiper problem and door lock problem may be caused by a bad ground connection to the BCM.

Clock spring won't affect wipers, but will affect and items located in the center of the steering wheel (cruise, horn, air bag, radio controls (if so equipped)), not items located on the steering column.

Squeak>

Vijay Kumar wrote: > > > What are the things that are required to be done at the 60K mile checkup. I > > have the 3.3 liter engine with 4 speed auto tranny. > > > > History > > Oil/filter has beeen done at 3k intervals. > > ATF service has been done every 2 years (4 times in 57K miles) > > Radiator flush has been done three times. > > Brake service done once. > > > > Potential issues (need advice) > > I still have a few months left on the 7/70 (extended) warrantee. I have the > > ghost wiper problem, as well as power door locks not always unlocking, as > > well as a mysterious squeeking noise, when the wheels start turning--dont > > know how to describe it better since my wife drives it everyday. Are there > > other known problems that I might have overlooked? > > > > Thanks in advance. > > Is the squeaking in the steering column or front end? If it's in the steering > column it could be the clock spring. That could also be the reason for your > ghost wiper problem. You should have received a recall on the clock spring > though. We had the clockspring replaced when we bought our used 96 T&C. I would > get more of a clicking noise in the steering column. Plus, our airbag light was > on all the time and the cruise and horn didn't work. If it's squeaking up front > it could be stuts or anti sway bar links. > > Darin

--

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Up until this year, maint. was not required at any interval, by the chrysler manufacturer. It is just good practice to maintain your vehicle following your maint. schedule that came with your vehicle, and depending upon the climate that you live in, maybe some dealer recommended items, in as much, it sounds like you have covered the basics pretty well

Reply to
Galen

contrary to popular belief, Preventative maint. is a very good idea, following only the "suggested" maint in the book is maybe not a good idea if you want your "investment" to last.. True, some dealers go overboard with "upsells" but in general...our wifes, children and loved ones are in these vehicle every day. Do we chance all this with just Basic service????

Reply to
Galen

Exactly Darin...... check out the possiblity of the clock spring (and maybe being under warranty) if the noise is in the steering wheel area.

Reply to
Galen