Re: Hurricane proves longer range needed

Most cars are good for 325 miles, more or less. Allowing for unusable fuel

> and reserve for geographic spacing of towns and fuel stops, 275 miles is > about maximum. > > With the new Liberty 2.8 diesel jeep coming to the market, let us hope > there will be a long range option with auxilliary tanks to allow a minimum > of 600 miles useful range. It will come in handy on long road trips and > during emergencies when fuel is not readily available, as Hurricane Frances > has made a reality.

Yes, I'm sure all the good folks in Kansas will appreciate being able to drive to Copper Mountain CO to avoid a tornado and everyone else will enjoy paying extra for the range they won't need. Folks in San Fran could drive to Salt Lake City next time they have a tremor.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Smith

Guess what, Noman. This option already exists for those that want it. Just go to a local wrecking yard, buy a Jeep fuel tank from a wrecked Jeep, have a metal shop fabricate some brackets for it, and plumb it into your existing tank.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt