Re: Idle speed setup?

The idle speed is set by using a set of jumper wires with the computer unhooked from the AIS motor you energize the motor with your jumper wires to close to its minimum aperture position. At that point you adjust the idle screw in the throttle body to give you the desired idle speed in Neutral. I can't remember exactly but the minimum idle RPM should be somewhere around

Hi all,i have an 89 lebaron coupe with a 2.5 turbo. Can someone please > tell me how the idle is setup? I'm changing a faulty AIS motor. The > idle screw has been adjusted,is there a base idle speed to setup > before the AIS is plugged in? Should the tranny be in drive or park > while setting it up? Thanks in advance. :)
Reply to
torque wrench