Re: Plymouth voyager won't stay running

I have a 91 voyager 2.5l that shuts down right after starting . I

>have changed the fuel pump , throttle body and fuel filter but still >no go. What in the world could cause this kind of problem . Please >help

I had a similar problem on my 92 3.3.....I unhooked the battery for a few minutes and then it ran. I assume the computer needed to restart.

Reply to
jtees4

I finished replacing the tranny a couple of weeks ago and in the process layed a wiring harness in the wrong place.... on top of the crossover pipe (exhaust pipe connecting the front and rear exhaust manifolds....3.0L). Well, the wires didn't take kindly to the heat and melted through. When two wires simultaneously were touching the pipe it created a short and whatever those two wires were caused the engine to sputter and die. Moving the harness out of harms way brought the engine back to life (removed the short).

Another problem could be a vacuum leak.

Yet another problem could be the (old stretched out) timing belt jumped a tooth or two. Cranking the distributor cap around might verify that... probably clockwise ???? to advance the timing.

Reply to
David Allen