Replacement tires for 300C AWD, where iarethe pressure sensors?

All season tires are better if you have damp slushy snow, a common situation in many city areas and on the wet coast. Yes fancy rims take a beating in winter salty conditions, but that is another problem. I've driven many years on snow and have only bumped a curb once, when I was inexperienced in braking on snow. With ABS brakes, which IMO should be required equipment, you'd have to steer into a curb to bump it.

Driving in snow is quite different, drivers need to carefully train themselves each winter, else they should stay off the roads when there is snow and ice.

The big problem is driving far to fast for conditions, I see it every winter, particularly with the first snowfall. No tires will prevent problems if one drives too fast for the conditions.

Snow tires are better on crisp dry snow, that hasn't had salt applied to create slush, an uncommon condition in most NA cities.

They obviously have mainly a dry snow with little slushy salted snow.

I'm very experienced with snow tires, including with studs, and all seasons, but as I say on the west coast we usually go from rain to snow on mid winter drives to our ski hills. Under those common conditions all seasons are best, particularly since one can run into snow in our mountains 10 months of the year.

Reply to
who

My own experiences, comparing 25 years of Michelins to 25 years of crappy GoodYear, Firestone, etc. tires. Don't believe me if you don't want to, I know what I'll buy next. Interesting that Chrysler puts Michelins on many of their upscale cars, well they did before the bean counters took over.

Reply to
Josh S

That's true if you have adequate ground clearance for your typical snow depth. AWD gives very good traction, but is of no advantage for braking.

True again. If I lived in the warm south I'd get a white car with RWD. In our snowy climate I get a darker colored car, a white car can be invisible in a snow storm, with FWD or AWD and good ground clearance is the best way to go.

Reply to
Josh S

California, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Florida, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee.... and the other 80% of the US population that doesn't live in the snow belt.

Reply to
Steve