replacing water pump on 2001 pt cruiser

I am going to replace my water pump, timing belt and tensioner on my

2.4L 2001 pt cruiser. I wanted to solicit any counsel and/or advice from group members who have done this in the past.

Also, is it truely necessary to discharge my a/c before beginning this procedure?

Reply to
brandon

The procedure that I have for a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus with a 2.4, does not mention anything about having to discharge the A/C system. That could be different for a PT cruiser, but I doubt if the compressor is mounted the same way.

If you replace the timing belt tensioner to the newer style, the belt covers will need to be replaced too, in order to work with the new tensioner. The new tensioner is a "wind up" design, as opposed to a "plunger" type.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50