source of groaning noise?

I changed the timing belt and water pump on my 1999 voyager 2.4L. Since I got it back together I have noticed a noise that seems significantly too loud, and it sounds kind of like a power steering pump. It is definitely coming from somewhere on the engine, as it rises and falls with the engine speed. Is it possible that the increased noise is a result of getting the power steering belt too tight?

Reply to
Robert Reynolds

why did you replace the belt ??? did it bust?? how about one of the pulleys for the timing belt having a bad bearing

Robert Reynolds wrote:

Reply to
philthy

No, I changed the timing belt, tensioner and idler as routine maintenance.

Reply to
Robert Reynolds

Reply to
philthy

It's full. I think the pump is just getting old, and the tighter belt has made it louder. The stethoscope confirmed it. I guess I'll be changing that next.....

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Robert Reynolds