T&C Nivomat shock replacement

Have a '03 T&C which I decided to swap out the standard shock with the Nivomat shocks. Found a great deal, shocks arrived, installed with no real problem. BUT....the van now sits about 1.5" higher than before. Called Sachs, was told you can't just swap out the shocks, the springs have to be matched to the shock ! Just beware, anyone that has Nivomat's in mind. Also....have a good deal on unused Nivomats ! ! Zork

Reply to
Zork

What's the deal???? You should put them on eBay.

Reply to
RPhillips47

In that case, I stand corrected. Thanx everyone!

Complete aftermarket suspension system, . . . . Hmmmmmmmmm!! That's exactly what I need for my '38 Plymouth. Anyone think this'll be easy?? Currently, I'm running a differential from a Cordoba, on the original sheet-metal-wrapped semi-eliptical leaves, and they wanna wrap themselves under the force of my fairly stock 360/904 combo, (with Edelbrock carb and 2.02 340 Heads), as well as causing some inner tire-wall interference issues on anything other than easy cornering. I'd really like to tackle this, during the cold weather, this winter, and spend something less than $1200 in making the upgrade.

God Bless, Dan'L

("If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around.")

Reply to
Dan Larsen

Just pick up a pair of leaf springs for a Nivomat enabled van at the junk yard. It is an easy swap.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

I am interested in the shocks! Do you still have them? If you don't where can i get a pair? Thanks

-- Heyray3

Reply to
Heyray3