How dodge is the Avenger?

My brother is looking at the dodge avenger, and I was wondering how good is this car? Is it all mitsu or just the engine? Is the transmission the

41TE? Is the body Chrysler sheetmetal or mistsu? Vehicle electronics Chrysler or mitsu?

How good is the 2.5 mitsu v6? Does it have the same problems as the 3.0 valve guide seal degradation and smoking?

Thanks

Reply to
Marvin Cohen

Chrysler plus Mitsubishi: Worst of both worlds. These kinds of joint-venturemobiles seldom work out nearly as well as they "should" on paper.

Whole car is Mitsu, except transmission and nameplates.

About as good as any Mitsu engine in recent memory. *cough*

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Don't know anything about that.

I have a '98 Stratus with the 2.5V6 and it is a very, very good engine. Mitsuthingy has used it themselves in cars with a biturbo. So it can handle quite a lot of abuse. In my car that means it an average of 26 mpg at 70 mph and it pulls a 2800 lbs trailer, doing 50mph, at 1700 rpm. Martin

Reply to
Martin Boer

and it pulls a 2800 lbs trailer, doing 50mph, at 1700 rpm.

At least in the US, Mitsu never sold a biturbo and never sold a sohc V6 with a turbo and never sold a 2.5 L V6 as a turbo. The only turbo V6 was the 3.0 dohc in the Stratus/3000GT.

Reply to
Lloyd Parker

I think you meant "Stealth/3000GT."

Reply to