Transmission Pan Capacity of 2006 Jeep Liberty ...

All, I will be picking up a '06 Jeep Liberty. I currently have an '05 Dodge Gra nd Caravan (GCV), and have grown fond of a maintenance practice I'd like to implement on the Jeep (and, share with this group for comment):

I have a Topsider vacuum oil change unit (mostly used for boats), and I can remove the dipstick in my '05 GCV and - with some noodling of the suction tube - draw almost exactly four qts. of transmission fluid from the pan. E very other oil/filter change (i.e. 20,000 mi. with 10,000 mi. synthetic oil /filter change intervals), I add three new qts, and top off, according to t he dipstick, leaving very little in the fourth quart bottle.

My current van has 170K, with no transmission shift issues or slipping. Di tto for an '03 which had 230K and a '97 which had 210K. Here's my question :

Does anyone have a similar practice for a Jeep Liberty? Mine has the 3.7L engine and the Command-Trac part-time shift-on-the-fly 4WD. If so, how man y quarts can you draw out?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
M100C