True capacity of '00 Cherokee AW4 Transmission?

Hello,

I have replaced the A/T filter on my '00 CHerokee with AW4 transmission. As I know the majority of the fluid is still held up in the TC, can someone 'in the know' provide me with the *true* total capacity? I have the Haynes manual and both it and the owners manual say about 4 quarts with filter change. On the filter change I got about 3 qts out and am curious as to how much is left.

From what two different auto parts stores have advised, I'm hearing probably 10 or 12 total, can anyone help here?

p.s.: New Jeep owner here, about 1 week in :)

Thanks Marc

Reply to
Marc

L.W.(ßill)