Trouble Code message a Little Short--! What Happened-?

Hi--

Once in a while I blip the ignition switch and read my codes--always yields some information.

Today, I get only "5-5." (means "the end") I haven't had the battery disconnected for months; there aughta be some info, no-?

The van is not running well and I had hoped the codes would give me a clue--any ideas-?

Thanks

Buzzy '95 Voyager, SWB, 3.0 L motor, auto; 150K miles.

Reply to
BuZzY

mic canic

Thanks for the note--I should have mentioned: the engine is not original; it has about 35K on it.

[I burned the original up---trashed it--I'm guilty---simply ran the booger out of oil--(it DID have the persistent leak you mentioned)--]

Replacement engine went 600 miles and a component of the PCV valve fell out and got caught under a rocker arm, punching a hole through the head into a water journal and creating a spectacular crop-duster effect. The engine vendor replaced the power plant; it's been okay and I have been very punctual with the oil changes, etc.

The van has never had the performance it once had, though, and the mileage is miserable--exhaust smells a little underburned--I guess it's time I finally learned how to tune up this thing. Always been a carburetor guy; don't dig fuel injection [yet].

Hope it's all worth it--it IS a set of wheels, after all. I want the emissions to be as clean as possible. Our N Texas air is getting really crappy.

thankx--buzzy

mic canic wrote:

Reply to
BuZzY