tsb details

I have a 2003 T&C 3.8

Anybody got details of the TSB? on a Sunday.

09-001-03 FEB 03 Engine - Oil Leaks at Oil Filter or Adapter.

Seems every other oil filer I install leaks, I replace with another and the leak stops til the next oil change. Kevin

Reply to
ks

Basically, it says to replace the oil filter adaptor with a revised part and gasket..

  1. Install revised oil filter adaptor, p/n 04781163AC, and gasket, p/n
04781166M. Tighten attaching bolts to 28 Nm (250 in. lbs.).

Reply to
ncs

If you do your own on-line parts look-ups, delete the leading zero. The TSB's include it, but the computerized systems don't recognize the numbers with the leading zero. And some of the dealer parts guys don't seem to know to delete it - they'll plug the number in that you give them and come back and tell you it's not a valid number. Crazy but true.

Bill Putney