Unintended clunker consequences

Some of us never STOPPED driving them.... ;-)

You do know that pre-1984 cars weren't eligible for C4C, right?

Reply to
Steve

Some people not only do not have basic logic ability, but can't even recognize basic truths when life presents them constantly. Some of it is ignorance by choice.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Note to .net: peak in denial still expanding 09/08/2009; 15:49

Reply to
News

Note to .net: peak in denial still expanding 09/08/2009; 17:22

Reply to
News

I hope this parrot was imported legally...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Note to .net: new peak in denial, still expanding 09/08/2009; 19:17

Reply to
News

bwaaaaak 09/08/2009; bwaaaaaak0 19:17

By golly, you're right!

Reply to
aarcuda69062

You forgot to call me a wingnut.

Reply to
Bill Putney
  1. This is exactly the problem I heard about in Germany when I was there a couple of weeks ago. (AFAIK Germany pioneered the 'cash-for-clunkers scheme in Europe.) (BTW, I love that title, sums the issue up, not used in Britain.)

  1. I think there are signs of that already, at least as regards nearly new cars.

However, the new-car deals in Britain are especially good, beyond the government cash scheme, which is quite miserly and much criticised. The govt gives 1000 pounds and car manufactures give another 1000. Not clear if car manufacturers get extra concessions on their contribution. Plus, most manufacturers gaining are based abroad...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
Phillip Mcracken

I think its got parasites.

Reply to
Steve

True. They've even convinced union leaders to sell out the members by supporting cap and trade. Union mentality actually doesn't have common sense to figure out on its own that cap and trade (if passed - let's hope the heck not) would drive their remaining jobs oversees.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Wouldn't you rather be a Brazil nut?

You'd be tastier then.