Wheel noise

When I drive slowly I can hear clicking noise coming front left front wheel. Sound is coming about two/three times in one full wheel rotation . I raised the vehicle , shift to neutral and turn the wheel by hand and quiet , no clicking. Any idea what's wrong.

Thanks Chuck Plymouth Acclaim 1992 , V6 , 3 speed/overdrive electronic trans.

Reply to
Scar

Sorry it should be "coming front right front wheel" not "coming front left front wheel". Maybe this make same difference.

Chuck

Reply to
Scar

Might be CV joints. Might be brakes, Might be wheel bearing. Does it change when turning steering wheel on the road ? Change when you apply brakes ?

Reply to
Steve Stone

I assume you checked to make sure there's not a stone wedged in the tread...

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --