Whistling Intrepid

Has anyone ever experienced this? During the first few minutes of driving, my 2002 Intrepid emits a loud whistling sound from (I think) the engine. It does this a few times, each for a duration of a few seconds. The sound goes away once the engine has fully warmed up. It seems the number of times the whistling occurs, and their duration, increase as the ambient temperature drops. My guess is that it's either a vacuum hose leak or some diaphragm trying to open/close, but it's hard to look under the hood while traveling at 100 clicks... Any ideas?

Reply to
Andy Rubaszek

Do you have the automatic climate control? Try leaving it OFF or at least manually de-selecting the A/C compressor. ACC runs the compressor ANY time it can (any time the temperature in the air intake plenum above freezing), but compressors often make wierd noises when the condensor temperature is getting down near freezing. Things like a low freon charge or low oil charge can aggravate it.

Might be totally unrelated.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to